Senior Mechanical Engineer
Productie & Techniek
Het bedrijfOur Client Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 74,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.The Meerssen Office has a specific market focus on Engineering, Procurement, Construction management and Consultancy. They provide EPCm solutions to the Chemical market in the South East of the Netherlands. They currently have a staff strength of ± 150 employees and growing.
For the Mechanical department in Meerssen we are seeking for a talented and experienced;
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Next step for Mechanical Engineer with leading skills
FunctieomschrijvingThe right candidate has experience in leading small & middle scale projects in the chemical / petrochemical market. Candidates who show leadership skills in a multi-office environment with an ability to provide innovative solutions to clients is their objective. FEED and EPCm experience are all desirable. Key requirements for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.The role of Senior Mechanical Engineer is a key Leadership role, being responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of the Mechanical Engineering and Design team assigned to a project. Part of this role would be global integrated delivery coordination which is mostly executed with the Jacobs offices in Mumbai, India. The Senior Engineer reports functionally to the Department Manager and operationally to one or more Project Managers. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, basic engineering, extended basic and detailed design phases.They expect candidates will have had a strong technical background in an engineering environment with all aspects of static equipment engineering, pressure equipment, pumps etc. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
• Should be able to manage/coordinate projects as Lead Engineer and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects ensuring the department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
• Must have thorough knowledge of static equipment ranging from vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, columns and tanks.
• Provide leadership skills in Mechanical Engineering with ability to handle a smaller team in a multi-office environment.
• Responsible for issue of all mechanical deliverable documents. Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
• Defines the discipline scope of work and the required resources,
• Participates in daily scrum meetings, project status meetings and is responsible for correct reporting of amongst other project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out.
• Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control.
• Ensures effective management of change.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example.
• Is able to contribute in development and growth of people (e.g. coach junior engineers).
• Is able to produce proposals for projects which involve man hour- and schedule estimates related to the mechanical scope of work.
• Should be able to add value plus/optimization ideas.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with proven leadership experience in the Chemical/Petrochemical market.
• The successful candidate must be a driven professional with strong business acumen, solid understanding of Project Controls (planning, scheduling, man-hour estimates and measuring physical progress) and has the potential to lead & inspire a team.
• Has solid mechanical engineering and design experience in the Chemical industry
• Proven experience in executing Mechanical design of process equipment like vessels, columns, reactors, heat exchangers and tank etc., This in preparation of requisition, Technical evaluation of vendor offers & Order specification and review of vendor drawings. Being involved in inspections and/or site installation.
• Should have good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering.
• Has good knowledge of international codes and standards.
• Has already been responsible for team members.
• Experience and affinity with Project controls; Scheduling and progressing.
• Should have experience in lead role for FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities.
• Ability to organize and set priorities.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively.
• Ability to report in English & Dutch, both verbal & in writing.
• Proactive attitude.
• They would be specifically interested for talented individuals who meet the above description and who are residing in radius <100 km around Maastricht.
At Jacobs, they help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, they create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From their competitive benefits program to their Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, they believe that you'll find a flourishing career at Jacobs. Their commitment to client value and partnership produces consistent cost advantages, profits and growth, allowing us to attract and retain the industry's top talent. Their strict dedication safety and uncompromising Ethics & Integrity create a work environment that promotes employee progress and helps grow their business. If you share their commitment to doing what's best for our customers, enjoy working in teams and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards, you'll fit right in.
Reporting to (role):
Department Manager Mechanical and Project Manger(s)
Jacobs will offer the successful candidate a very competitive compensation package, a challenging job opportunity and excellent career opportunities within a dynamic organization.
Terms of employment: